Simple and easy to prepare, yet a mouth-watering traditional dish with potato, fermented fish and tender sacred fig leaves!
- Tender Sacred Fig Leaves (Hmawnglor).
- Potato (Alu).
- Fermented Fish (Ngathu).
- Dried Red Chilli (Hmarcha Trawl).
- Garlic (Purunvar).
- Salt (Chi).
- Peel the Potato, cut the Potato in the middle vertically.
- Cut them again lengthwise into half inches.
- Wash and add them to the cooking pot.
- Add water 1 and half inches above the level of the vegetables.
- Pound Dried Red Chilli in a Mortar and Pastel and add it to the cooking pot.
- Add Fermented Fish.
- Add Salt.
- Cook with the lid on top of the pot and stir occasionally.
- Wash the plucked Tender Sacred Fig Leaves with water.
- Squeeze the leaves to remove excess water.
- Add to the dish.
- Pound the peeled Garlic in a Mortar and Pastel and add it to the dish
- Stir and mix the ingredients properly.
- Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, till the added leaves are cooked.
- Mash some of the potatoes to make thicker gravy.