- Taro (Bal in Hmar)
- Szechuan Pepper Leaf (Singzuor in Hmar)
- Fermented Soybeans (Bekanthu in Hmar)
- Green Chilli
- Peel the Taro and cut into chunks.
- Wash and put it in a cooking vessel.
- Pluck the leaves and softer shoots of the Szechuan Pepper Leaf.
- Wash clean and add to the cooking vessel.
- Pound Green Chilli in a Mortar and Pastel and add it to the cooking vessel.
- Add 2-3 spoons of Fermented Soybeans.
- Add Salt.
- Add Water 2-3 inches above the level of added ingredients.
- Cook until the Taro is properly cooked, stirring occasionally to avoid the Taro getting burnt/stuck at the base of the cooking vessel.
- Mash some of the cooked Taro chunks to make thicker gravy.